Wellpark Terrace East
Newport on Tay
Helen Glassford keeps information about individuals in order to provide certain products and services such as: mailing lists and to enable certain functions on this website. I collect analytical information (log files) to better understand how visitors use this website.
What I gather data for
I may collect the following information:
• email and home address and telephone number
· Demographic information (such as postcode, preferences, and interests)
· Other information pertaining to surveys and special offers
· Details of your purchase to enable us to process it
· Website usage data
Please note that credit or debit card details are not held by Helen Glassford
How we use this data
Collecting this data helps Helen Glassford understand what you are looking for from me, and how I can deliver improved services.
Specifically, we may use the data:
· For our own internal records
· To improve the services we provide
· To add personal details to a mailing list (Helen Glassforduses Mailchimp, an online service to which names & email addresses are uploaded)
· To contact an individual in response to a specific enquiry
· To send an individual promotional emails or mailings about Helen Glassford services we think might be of interest
· To contact an individual for market research purposes
How we use log files and cookies
Log files allow me to record visitors’ use of the website. I use Google Analytics to analyse anonymous user details from our website which we can then use to make changes to the site’s layout to improve the user experience. They also give us useful information about how visitors use the website and interact with it. Log files do not contain any personal information and cannot access a user’s computer.
Cookies The purpose of a cookie is very similar to that of a log file, except that it is a small file placed on the user’s hard drive that then enables Helen Glassford’s website to identify the user’s computer as different pages are viewed on Helen Glassford’s website. Log files give basic information; cookies can give more detailed information.
How Cookies are Used
· Analyse web traffic (by using an analytics package – Google Analytics in this case).
· To recognise if you return to Helen Glassford website.
Cookies do not provide Helen Glassford with access to a user’s computer, or any information about the user other than that which you share with the company.
Controlling information about you
When an individual provides their details to Helen Glassford at an exhibition, event, or via Helen Glassford’s website (by registering to our news and events mailing list), they have opted in to receive further details about future exhibitions, events, projects and services provided by Helen Glassford. If this is the case, and that individual decides they no longer want to be on Helen Glassford’s mailing list/s, they can be unsubscribed or removed easily by:
· Sending an email with their details and a request to be removed from the mailing list to email@example.com
· Writing to Helen Glassford Wellpark Terrace East Newport on Tay Fife DD6 8HT
· Clicking on the ‘unsubscribe’ link at the bottom of all Helen Glassford’s emailed mailings.
Helen Glassford will never lease, distribute or sell personal information to third parties unless the owner’s consent has been given or it is required by law.
Any personal information held by Helen Glassford is stored and processed under the company’s Data Protection Policy, in line with the Data Protection Act 1998 and after 25thMay 2018 it is stored and processed under the EU General Data Protection Regulation
Links from Helen Glassford website
Helen Glassford’s website contains links to other websites. Helen Glassford has no control of websites outside the www.helenglassford.co.uk domain. If a user provides information to a website to which Helen Glassford links, Helen Glassford is not responsible for its protection and privacy. It is good practice to be wary when supplying information to websites and check their data protection and privacy policies fully.